Custom Order Policies
Please read this page in its entirety before ordering or picking up your cake
We accept Cash, Debit, Credit & Venmo NO CHECKS ARE ACCEPTED.
We require a non-refundable deposit for all custom orders. This deposit will hold a spot on our schedule and guarantee your order will be ready for pickup on the date and time discussed. This means your order is not booked or guaranteed until deposit is received. Although we may discuss your order’s details, if you do not pay your deposit, we do NOT have your order confirmed and planned in our schedule.
- Custom celebration orders (birthday, anniversary, baby shower, etc.) – $25
- Wedding orders – 25% of total invoice
The remaining balance of your order is due at the time of pickup.
Payments are non-refundable, however, if there is an issue after you have paid for your deposit, we will give you store credit as follows:
- If you cancel a celebration cake at least a week prior to scheduled pick up day, we will credit 100% of deposit price toward a future order.
- If you cancel more than 72 hours prior to pick up, but less than a week prior, a 50% cancellation fee will be deducted from the deposit. The remaining 50% of the deposit can be used for a future order.
- If you cancel a celebration cake less than 72 hours prior to scheduled pick up day, NO CREDIT will be given.
Client Responsibility & Transport
All cakes, cupcakes, & cakeballs are stored in a cooler and will be cold when you pick them up, as this allows for better and safer transport. We recommend you also store them in your refrigerator until about 1-2 hours prior to serving.
All products are the client’s responsibility upon leaving the bakery.
Keep in mind that cakes are very fragile and damages can happen if not handled properly – such as cracks, smudges, melted frosting, etc.
- Please drive carefully, keep cake lying flat in car, and keep in a cool climate
- Iowa summers can be hot and humid which can be damaging to cake and icing. We keep all orders refrigerated, and recommend that clients do the same, especially during hot summer months. This will keep the cake cool, and makes it much easier to transport without damage. Sitting it out at room temperature for 30-60 minutes will soften the icing back up.
- DO NOT leave cake sitting outside for any length of time, even for a party. It will melt, and can melt in less than 20 minutes in higher temperatures.
- DO NOT PLACE YOUR CAKE IN THE CAR SEAT! It is NOT level or flat! Doing so will cause the cake to slide and be damaged.
- Do NOT leave your cake in the car while running into the store for balloons or other items, even if it is only 50 degrees outside! If the sun is out, the interior of your car is likely much warmer than that, and the cake will melt!
- Do NOT place your cake on the counter near your stove, and then use the stove to cook food! Although keeping many types of cakes at room temperature is perfectly okay, the heat and/or moisture from the stove will cause the “room” temperature to rise and the cake/frosting to melt and fall apart!
- Do NOT place in a “sun-lit” area. Even when left on a table, or counter, in a climate-cooled room. If sitting in direct sunlight from a window, a cake will get too warm and melt over time.
Once an item has been picked up by You or Your Designated Party, it is considered “Accepted”. Accepted means that you, the client (or your designated party), has looked at the item and was satisfied with it.
We promise to do our best to provide the best tasting and best looking cakes to every client. Custom orders are created with love by our talented staff just for you. Please keep in mind that no two pieces of art made by people are ever exactly alike! Every order is hand-made. Decorative finishes are done by hand and are subject to the artistic interpretation of our trained cake decorators. You may provide us with a photograph for inspiration and duplication; however, we make no claims for exact duplication of the work done by another cake artist.
In the event that we have made a major mistake to the design theme (butterflies instead of dinosaurs for example), and you alert us at the time of pickup, every attempt will be made to correct this error in a timely manner. In the event that we are unable to correct our mistake before your event, you can choose not to accept the cake and will be refunded any money already paid for the cake. While it makes us very sad to make mistakes, and we will never knowingly disappoint you, please remember that people, not machines, are designing your cakes.
If a major mistake in flavor is found after leaving with the cake (at the time of cutting it), please notify us immediately. If it is found that we served you an entirely incorrect flavor, you will be refunded or credited for the portion of the cake that was an incorrect flavor.